Mama K’s Classic Squidgy Brownies
These brownies are a real treat, incredibly indulgent and delicious. It’s a special recipe for me, my family, and WHAM. I make them every year for a special WHAMMER’s birthday.
150g dark chocolate,
The good stuff 60g cocoa powder
150g plain flour
500g caster sugar
100g mini marshmallows (or chop up the big ones)
- Heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Line a square tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together very gently.
- Mix the cocoa with the flour and the sugar and off the heat mix this mixture into the butter and chocolate. Mix in the eggs and fold in the marshmallows.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the tin and bake in the oven until the surface has set but still feels squidgy underneath. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Leave it to cool and slice into squares.
- Then once fully cooled down, dust with icing sugar if you want.
Top Tip: Wipe the knife down between slicing (and eat the gooey brownie that’s stuck on to it!)