Gemma’s Homemade Tangyuan
Light ~ Fluffy ~ Satisfying
(250g flour to serve for 2/ 6 tang yuans per person)
Glutenous rice flour
Peanut butter or sesame paste
Sesame or Gouji berries
- Mix the glutenous rice flour with water, knead the flour until it is a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough to small potions, roughly 2.5 cm wide.
- Flatten a piece of dough in your hand, make it as a small wrapper.
- Place half a tsp full of peanut/sesame paste and fold the wrapper up, then gently rub the dough in your hand until it turns into a ball.
- Boil a pan of hot water, add the tang yuan into the water and cook for 3minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar into a small bowl and a good spoon full of hot water; place the tang yuans into the bowl and top it up with some sesame seeds& desiccated coconut on top.